FYI On Book Links

In our summary/review of each book you'll see two links of purchase to buy the book. One will be for the kindle version and one is for the paperback.

We love reading and if you're following our blog we know you love it too. So if you can't get to the library go ahead and purchase the book, curl up by the fire and enjoy! Don't forget to FOLLOW OUR BLOG!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer

What happens when a meteor is on a collision course to the moon? Through the eyes of High School senior Miranda in Book 1 of The Last Survivors Series, we are drawn into a new world existence where a slight shift of the moons axis leads to devastating results.

What I love about this book is author Susan Beth Pfeffer doesn't try to take on the whole world and overwhelm her reader. Rather, she brings us into Miranda's small world of family, close friends, and neighbors allowing us to become intimate with the characters and their frightening new circumstances. I was so completely drawn in by the book that at one point I looked into my cupboards at my measly canned goods and toilet paper supply and thought to myself, "I need way more then this to survive!"

The end of the book left me hungry for more of the desperation to survive, the love of those we hold most dear, and ultimately the endurance of the human spirit. Thank goodness for the
Dystopian trilogy! We have, 'The Dead and the Gone' (Book 2) and 'This world We Live in' (Book 3) to immerse us back into Susan Beth Pfeffer's world once again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just finished reading this and I loved it!

Madison