FYI On Book Links

In our summary/review of each book you'll see two links of purchase to buy the book. One will be for the kindle version and one is for the paperback.

We love reading and if you're following our blog we know you love it too. So if you can't get to the library go ahead and purchase the book, curl up by the fire and enjoy! Don't forget to FOLLOW OUR BLOG!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Enclave (Razorland Series book 1) by Anne Aguirre


Did you love Katniss in The Hunger Games? Did you love reading The Forest of Hands and teeth? Well, if the answer is a resounding yes, than this is the book for you! As I mentioned before in my other reviews I hate giving too much away, so I won’t. Know this; this is an amazing, edge of your seat ride. 

Our protagonist here is Deuce; she is as tough as they come and no wonder she’s given the title of Huntress.  The book is a fast-paced read and left me wishing for more.  Good thing Miss Aguirre has a second book up her sleeve for a later release or else I’d be driven mad.  

The premise is a future society forced to live underground in subway tunnels known as the Enclave. After a flu vaccine causes a devastating worldwide affect, as a result humans are surrounded by chaos.  Pressed and weight down by deceit, lies and denial, living in the enclave, Deuce is forced to take matters into her own hands.  In her case ignorance is NOT bliss! Deuce’s fight for survival leads her to make hard decisions along the way. Enclave has three elements I love in this book: Action, survival and a love-triangle that will have your mind spinning.     

I absolutely feel this series will be the next wave of incredibly successful literature and I personally can’t wait for a movie.  A studio head out there needs to get a hold of this action-packed story and put it on screen, so it can make them the big bucks they enjoy so much to become blockbuster.  Personally, I pictured Kristen Bell as Deuce, Adrian Grenier as Fade and Hunter Parrish as stalker. 

As I mentioned on the onset the 2nd book Outpost (Razorland Series) coming out in 2012 should give us some answers left in the 1st book and I’m sure, by the end of the 2nd we’ll still need answers, which I’m sure is exactly what book 3 in the series Horde, coming in 2013, will bring it all to a full circle. I hope you’ll enjoy this amazing dystopian book as much as I did. Please let me know you’re thoughts on it.     

1 comment:

DomiPink said...

I WANT MORE!!!!!!! Loved this book and hated to find that book 2 isn't out yet! :( Seriously, this story had the perfect blend of intensity and romance.