FYI On Book Links

In our summary/review of each book you'll see two links of purchase to buy the book. One will be for the kindle version and one is for the paperback.

We love reading and if you're following our blog we know you love it too. So if you can't get to the library go ahead and purchase the book, curl up by the fire and enjoy! Don't forget to FOLLOW OUR BLOG!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Greens Market/Delicatessen

Today it appears I have found in the heart of Modesto, specifically on the corner of Tenth and Needham,  an oasis of sorts. When I walked in I was taken back 10 years ago when I lived in a quaint little studio in a brownstone in Brooklyn.

This was truly a magical place, no division of market to delicatessen. An organic explosion from fruits, vegetables, cheeses, meats and so much more.  The delicatessen had an amazing array of organic roasted chicken breast, salmon, flank steak all awaiting to be savored. The variety of salads consumed me, anything from orzo salad, beet salad (like nothing I've tested before and they were yellow too, huh!), grilled asparagus and vegetables, red cole slaw( made of course out of red cabbage), quinoa salad and my ultimate favorite risotto cakes. The risotto cakes were a highlight and brought my taste buds to a higher level of sophistication. All reasonably priced! their lunch special was $6.99 for one protein and two sides Do I need to remind you that it was all organic?

They had amazing pastries and also possibly the best carrot cupcake I have ever had. They also scored very high with the coffee, and I had a mocha that did not disappoint.  As I had mentioned on the onset It took me down memory lane, It reminded of a little marked I used to go to in Brooklyn Heights, full of character, culture and quaint. 

I recommend you either have your breakfast there or lunch, you will not be disappointed and while there give their mouth watering spinach and bacon quiche a try. Hope you make it out to Greens Market located at 1508 Tenth Street on the corner of Tenth and Needham, you never know we might just bump into each other.  Please feel free to come back here and share your thoughts on Greens Market and what fabulous, amazing dish you recommend we try.       

No comments: